What is Eca LIGHT EXPANDED CLAY BALLS (eca)
Expanded clay is a lightweight aggregate made by heating clay to around 1,200 °C (2,190 °F) The yielding gases expand the clay by thousands of small bubbles forming during heating producing a honeycomb structure. LECA has an approximately round or potato shape due to circular movement in the kiln and is available in different sizes and densities. LECA is used to make lightweight concrete products and other uses.
Benefits Install in Pots
- Eca is round pellet structured produced by firing natural clay at temperature of 1200 degree Centigrade , which is also known with other names in global market like Expanded Clay Aggregate, clay aggregate Hydroton etc.
- Mainly used for flower Pots, Bonsai Cultivation, Aquarium, Roof garden, Green vegetables cultivation, Irrigation, water filtering
- Extremely stable in both pH and EC, Light weight ,strong and thermally insulating. Hydroton has a spherical shape resulting from the pelletizing technique used.
- Particle size : 2-8 mm & 8-15mm, 15-30mm Water Absorption 18 to 20 % of size. Clay Aggregate has strong chemical resistance against acidic and alkaline substance, which helps to maintain the pH value of 7-9.
- 100 % Inert: ECA is made from mining clay
- Light Weight For Pot
- Easy Air Gape for plants
- Good Water Absorption
- Good Water Drainage
- Surface Alkalinity
- No pestilential effect soil, the plants or on a person's hand
- Plants grow better when receives proper air, water, and sunlight.
- Eca Clay Balls
- are lightweight and porous which holds air in them and increases the aeration for the root system of the plant.
- Keep Pot lightweight
- Easy Installation
- The structural formation of these hydrotons is such that it is light in weight and has enough space inside to capture the air and let it release whenever the plants or harvest needs it.